Monday, December 7, 2009

Hedgehog Pincushion

I made a hedgehog pincushion this weekend. I saw it on Minoridesign's flickr. I remembered seeing it during my surfing adventures so I set out to make my own pattern. It's another xmas present! This is what I came up with:




Mine doesn't look nearly as nice as hers, more like a mouse actually, but I think that it was a good try for having to make up my own pattern. I wanted to use a course grey burlap like material I had floating around, but I must have left it in the last move. I used double knit ribbed polyester - which got really thick and hard to sew towards the end. Next time I'm using something thinner and less stretchy. The paisley is some scrap that I had floating around. I glued eyes on him because I wanted too...and he was already a little ridiculous looking.

1 comment: