Friday, May 7, 2010

Figure Drawing

I went to figure drawing down in FoCo last night. I'm so out of practice. It was a short poses and the model was so fantastic. For the quick draws she was getting into these really beautiful dynamic poses. I'm so used to the semi-clothed, slumping seated models at Hastings College, I forgot that you could draw people actually moving. She had this gorgeous curly auburn hair, but it was soooooo frustrating to draw. Her head practically became a cloud of squiggles in every drawing. I learned that I'm frightfully terrible at faces and I need to work on adjusting my sizes to take up more of the picture plane. I'm a little bashful about posting the drawings - only two were kinda, sorta ok. But it's all about learning anyways. It was pretty exhausting, drawing, concentrating, and sitting still for three hours - but totally worth it. I'm looking forward to going back next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment