Thursday, May 6, 2010

Works of Wyoming

After a few weeks of car and computer craziness, art stuff is finally starting to happen.

I got into a show over at Works of Wyoming in Laramie by the skin of my teeth. I had actually forgotten what the submission date was and ended up emailing them in a bit of a panic. I really really wanted to be in this show...it's "Fabulous Women" - basically, all art from, about, or by women in Wyoming. Luckily, they really like what I am doing and they had space for my bodices (they didn't have many 3-D submissions) Just when I think that I dried up, rain starts to fall again, or snow - since it's spring in Wyoming and won't stop snowing till mid June. ;)

On another note, my friend Dolores Jablonski is doing a post about my work on her blog. I'm grateful to her for getting my name out there and maybe some more opportunities will come of it.

Right now, I'm in the throws of a new idea. Cutting up Starbucks and attaching patterns and maps to them and then embroidering and piecing them together. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm really stoked for it, but it's hard to find time to make anything sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment