Monday, June 6, 2011

Such a Little Domestic

 I've been a bad blogger and haven't been keeping up with the news about Art, Japan, Life. In my defense I've been terribly busy and things have just now been settling down. I have completely moved out of my former residence and packed all our stuff is now stacked in a huge metal container on the side of the road. The entire ordeal was frustrating because even though we have changed our permanent address they are still coming to the old place. The problem is that we don't have our orders yet and that messes with all the timelines that I've been planning out for the last month. I keep telling myself that I just have to stay flexible no matter.

Now I'm living with my in-laws, which is loads of fun because I can sit on the front porch and watch the birds in the mornings. And I get lots and lots of rhubarb to can and eat. Saturday morning I picked rhubarb at the community garden and then canned 5-Spice Rhubarb Jam. It is so tasty! Excellent with cream cheese. We are going to be serving it for Art, Design, and Dine this week. I get to make more tonight.
I also bought a new sewing machine, well new to me anyway. It's a Necchi Nora, I think from 1959. I saw it at Meals on Wheels and fell in love. It's pink! and has a knee control! and it works! It weighs a ton in it's cabinet, but it's going to be really nice having a machine that sits down into a table for quilting and sculpting.What really sold me on it is that it comes with all the original foots, discs, and instructions. No guess work. I also have ruffle attachment, I CAN MAKE RUFFLES!

I was doing a little research and the Necchi was the first machine to introduce zig zag stitches to home sewers. It's an Italian brand made in Italy until the 70's where it was out sourced to Japan and Taiwan. What's really funny is that I have a catalog with the original owners name on it. Emma from Alliance Nebraksa. I'm gonna have to try and look her up. So many research possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment