Friday, March 19, 2010

Frames

Yesterday, I got my fantastically talented carpenter boyfriend to help me make frames (he buys the stuff and cuts it and I paint) for my two new map quilt pieces. I'm hoping that he'll get them put together while I'm at work and then I can have two finished works that I can photograph and post. At the moment, I even have two more great ideas to work on over the weekend.

I'm making a cradleboard and wrapping it in maps. I'm really excited about it, because I bought this creepy porcelain dolls head (it doesn't have eyes!) at a thrift store. I found this still life using a crying Indian baby as a still life. It really disturbed me deep down - so I felt compelled make a piece out of it. Hopefully, I can work my artistic but off this weekend and get it done.

I also found this quilting pattern that is called "Cheyenne" and I'm going to try and make it. I'm going to take some of the maps and glaze them in...well probably red, 'cause I'm obsessed. I was also thinking of laying an old western pattern over them too...bring in more a cloth feel.

So many good ideas, I really want to get to going...

No comments:

Post a Comment